Want a dramatically improved smile in a single office visit? At Stanton Smiles in Fort Lauderdale, FL, Dr. Robert B. Stanton offers strong and lifelike same-day dental veneers.
WANT A BALANCED, MORE SYMMETRICAL SMILE IN JUST ONE OFFICE VISIT?
LEARN ABOUT SAME-DAY DENTAL VENEERS IN FORT LAUDERDALE
You brush and floss routinely. You attend all your scheduled dental visits. You do everything right. However, there may still be a few elements you dislike about your smile. Esthetic flaws such as chips, gaps, and discoloration can make otherwise healthy teeth appear lackluster or dull. Procedures in cosmetic dentistry can address these imperfections and brighten your smile.
NO MORE LONG TREATMENT TIMES
Veneers are custom-crafted restorations that adhere to the front surfaces of the teeth and traditional veneers (multiple visits) require at least two office visits to achieve the desired results For example, after preparing the teeth, impressions must be taken and sent to an outside dental lab for fabrication. In many cases, however, treatment can take longer than two visits if there are problems with the temporaries, the shade matching or the fit. At our Fort Lauderdale practice, Dr. Robert B. Stanton combines his experience, training, and CEREC technology to provide patients with dramatic results in a single office visit. Take a look at some of Dr. Stanton’s patients to see the results he has achieved.
REASONS TO CHOOSE SAME-DAY VENEERS
Patients choose dental veneers for several different reasons. These custom restorations can correct:
- Fractures or cracks
- Slight misalignment
- Gaps or spacing between teeth
- Tooth discoloration
Patients who choose same-day veneers can enjoy unparalleled convenience, comfort, and esthetics. With today’s advances in the field, the restorations designed in-office are just as lifelike and natural-looking as the ones fabricated in a dental lab. In fact, Dr. Stanton’s veneers are even more natural-looking than laboratory fabricated veneers because the shade is matched at the exact same time that the teeth are prepared.
TREATMENT WITH SAME-DAY DENTAL VENEERS
HOW TO KNOW IF SAME-DAY VENEERS ARE RIGHT FOR YOU
Like any cosmetic treatment, patients considering veneers must be in good oral health. Therefore, you should be free from gum disease and tooth decay. If these issues are present, Dr. Stanton will recommend restorative treatments to improve your oral health first. Because small amounts of enamel must be removed to place veneers, patients should also have an adequate amount of healthy tooth structure available. Finally, candidates for this procedure will have a full understanding of the treatment process and will be committed to proper oral care and hygiene.
During an initial consultation with Dr. Stanton, he will assess the teeth, gums, and all surrounding structures. X-rays and scans may be taken, as well, so that he can evaluate the health of the underlying roots and jawbone. If you a candidate for same-day dental veneers, Dr. Stanton will talk with you about your personal aesthetic goals and discuss your treatment options with you in detail.
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING YOUR TREATMENT
As with any procedure, knowing what to anticipate throughout your treatment can help alleviate fears of the unknown. Receiving same-day dental veneers is a straightforward process which consists of:
- Preparation: The first step is preparing the teeth. To do this, Dr. Stanton will carefully remove minimal amounts of enamel from the front surfaces of the teeth. In most cases, approximately .5 to .7 millimeters of enamel is eliminated. This will roughen the surfaces of the teeth and prepare them for bonding later.
- Digital impressions: Once the teeth are prepared, Dr. Stanton will take impressions using the CEREC handheld wand. This is typically a quick and comfortable process which can be performed in less than 15 minutes.
- Designing the veneers: Using the digital images captured from the impressions, Dr. Stanton will fine-tune your restorations, paying close attention to your unique esthetics. This will create a personalized result that is not only dramatic, but natural-looking as well.
- Fabrication: Once the restorations have been virtually designed, the image files will be uploaded to our milling machine. Your dental veneers will each be crafted from high-quality ceramic porcelain. This material closely resembles natural tooth enamel, and reflects light in a similar fashion, delivering an incredibly lifelike outcome.
- Placement: Once your veneers are fabricated, Dr. Stanton will place them. To do so, he will apply dental etch to the teeth. This mildly acidic solution will further roughen the surfaces. Once the teeth are rinsed, a bonding agent is also applied to maximize the surface areas of the teeth. Finally, Dr. Stanton bonds your new veneers into place with a high-quality dental cement and hardens the material with a specialized curing light. He will then make any necessary last-minute adjustments.
HOW LONG DOES TREATMENT TAKE?
The length of your appointment will depend on a few factors. Most specifically, it will be determined by the number of veneers being placed. This answer is not easy to establish without a consultation, as every patient is unique. Some individuals will need as few as four veneers, a process that only takes about two and a half hours. Others may need up to ten veneers per arch. This type of treatment can take approximately four and a half hours to complete. After your initial consultation, we can give you an approximate idea of how long your appointment will take.
HOW MUCH DO VENEERS COST?
Specific fees will be determined by the unique needs of each patient. For example, the cost of same-day dental veneers can vary based on the experience of the dentist and the geographical location of the practice. For instance, fees tend to fluctuate based on the cost of living in a particular area. Fortunately, we offer a wide range of financing options at Stanton Smiles. Our team can help design a payment plan to fit your needs and budget.
LEARN MORE ABOUT SAME-DAY DENTAL VENEERS
If you would like more information about same-day dental veneers, schedule a consultation at our Fort Lauderdale practice. Contact us online anytime or call (954) 568 9788.